Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lots of errands

Today we needed to go to the library to pick up all those interlibrary loan books that came in. And I had to stop at the post office to mail our taxes (we're getting a little bit of money back - hooray!). My boss asked if Violet and I wanted to meet up for ice cream. She lives nearby and was working from home. She also had the last of the cookie money from my office. We said sure. Since that would take us past the grocery store, we added that to the list.

Turns out our ice cream date became a work meeting. She had just gotten off a conference call before meeting us and had a big project to assign me. (More hours - the checking account will really like that). I didn't realize we would be talking so much business or I would have taken Violet something to do, but she did fine. And the boss brought her a chocolate Easter bunny and some Peeps!

On the way to the grocery store Violet opened the Peeps and tried some. She later determined that 2 Peeps in the backseat of a moving vehicle, on top of ice cream, is one Peep too many. I was a little afraid there'd be pink Peep projectile. But there wasn't.

School was mostly canceled for the day because our errand list got bigger and bigger. But I did have Violet take the third grade reading comprehension proficiency test from Texas. Illinois doesn't require testing of homeschoolers, but Mr. Incredible and I want to do our own periodic testing just to make sure she's on track. She is. She scored a 35 out of 36 on the test. That deserved the rest of the day off. Sometime in April we'll give her the math test. She's been working really hard on her math the last month. I'm confident she'll do well on it too. Especially after another month of hard work.

We were hoping to go to homeschool open gym at the gymnastics place tomorrow, but the gym has canceled it. They haven't gotten a high enough attendance the last few months. This is the first time all year we didn't have a conflict on the open gym day. Bummer. But I do think we are both rather looking forward to being at home all day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Elle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay for Violet!

Peeps AND ice cream? Blech.

The Old Gray Mare said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day, and I'm very glad there was no pink Peep projectile involved. :o)

Kudos to Violet for doing an awesome job on her reading test!