Friday, March 14, 2008

Its gone!!!

For the last 2 months there's been a huge mound of ice and snow at the end of our drive way. It was at least 8 inches high and in some parts as much as 3 feet wide. It is where Mr. Incredible got too worn out to keep shoveling and the snow plow piled it up higher. Every time I drove in or out of the drive way the car would have to go over it. Bump, bump, thump. Don't be taking a sip of your coffee at the time or you'd be wearing it. I couldn't even hold my arm steady enough to push the garage door opener button while going over it.

And the ice mound extended to in front of the mail box. I had to climb the snow mount every day to get to the mail box. I had to walk across the ice mound to get there, then climb up the pile to reach the box. I kept thinking I was going to fall and slide out into the street right under the wheels of a passing delivery truck.

But yesterday it finally melted! I don't have to wear boots to get the mail anymore! I can drive out without a huge thump (well, unless I hit a neighbor kid who are now all out on the sidewalk again).

I'm free! I'm free! Spring is almost sprung!!

6 comments:

Fatcat said...

Hooray!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Yippee! I can feel your sense of celebration.

We had 7 inches of snow last Saturday. The one and only accumulating snow of the season.

Yesterday I noticed one little dirty patch of snow left behind the mailbox, about enough to make one snowball.

Wendy said...

Yayyyy!

When I lived in Massachusetts, I wondered if spring would ever come. But I loved the winters up there (back home).

However, down here, everything is budding! I'd trade Delaware to go back home any day, though, despite the longer winters.

Like you, I am cheering for spring.

Elle said...

Sunny and 70 yesterday.

50 and rainy today.

MOM #1 said...

It's been in the 90's for the past few days. When it gets that hot this early, we know we're in for a long hot summer.

*SIGH*

Can I have a piece of ice, pretty please?

Maria said...

I am plugging my ears and singing really really loud" I can't hear you, I can't hear you...lalalalalalalaa"
Cause it's snowing here. right now. I want spring. I posted about spring yesterday and nature has mocked me.