Friday, March 21, 2008

Definitely not going tonight

I just tried to drive over to our library. Violet had a book come in through interlibrary loan and I wanted to get it for her. It is only about 2 miles away. There are nearly white-out conditions from the snow. And the road is the worst I've seen this entire winter. I tried to make a turn onto another road. I turned, I kept spinning. I made a full circle and was pointed back the way I'd come from. I took a deep breath and drove home. That was with 4-wheel drive on.

Violet wasn't with me. Mr. Incredible is working from home. He agreed, maybe tomorrow morning we'll make it to Wisconsin.

p.s. The carrot cupcakes are done. I'll try to post a picture a little later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody say cuppy cakes? Snort.

Glad you made it back home safely!

MOM #1 said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm glad you made it home safely.

I LOVE carrot cake / save us a cupcake please!

Is it ok that I am secretly envious of all that beautiful snow? We NEVER get snow here. Baby Boy has NEVER seen snow in his life.

Maybe next winter we can for a quick visit . . . but I don't want to stay too long. I like it nice and warm.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I bet you were gripping the steering wheel for dear life!
I'm glad you got back home okay.

You may just have to stay home and eat all those cupcakes. Not a bad thing. :o)

Maria said...

OH, scary! Hope you make it to WI!

Wendy said...

Better safe than sorry! Stay cozy.