Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tag, I'm it

Lisa tagged me. I'm supposed to share six non-important things/habits/quirks about myself. There are a bunch of other rules, but we all know homeschoolers are really bad about following rules, so I'm not even going to bother listing them.

Here are my quirks (which I like to think of as just 6 more reasons to love me):

1. I hate feet on my pillow. If you want to get my goat, stick your feet on my pillow. Nothing bugs me more.

2. Except maybe crumbs. I hate crumbs. They gross me out. They are the by-product of a perfectly good food. I especially hate cereal crumbs floating around in the milk. Blech.

3. In college I turned a girl in for cheating on an exam in our statistics class. Ironically it was two accounting majors who talked me into it (at the time I would never have dreamed of going into accounting). In retrospect, they were right. It was the right thing to do. The professor allowed the girl to drop the class rather than take it further.

4. My college degree is something called "Community Health" with a minor in health education. You see why I went back to school for that accounting degree. Even people in the healthcare community don't know what the heck a Community Health major is qualified to do. But the classes were really cool.

5. I have a brown belt in tae kwon do. My dad used to run a karate studio. I'm not sure how much of it the old body could still do, but I would certainly try if the need to protect Violet ever came up. I haven't actually practiced a kick in probably 20 years.

6. I once co-led a two day canoe trip. I worked at a church camp the summer after my freshman year of college. That's when I got my lifesaving certification. It thrills me that Violet lists canoeing as one of her favorite things from camp.

If anyone else wants to play, I'd love to read about your quirks too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many things I never knew! :o)

(Pst... What would happen if someone put crumby feet on your pillow?)

Freakmom said...

I'd have to throw the pillow away. There'd be no recovering from that horror!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Cool list of quirks!

Mr. T's niece has a degree in Community Health Education. We thought it was just a made up degree for those who couldn't make the cut for their nursing program.
She found out pretty quick that there were no jobs. She works as a bank teller.

Fatcat said...

I have one of those kind of degrees too. Mine is in Child and Family Studies. Basically, it's a developmental psychology degree and it qualifies me for nothing. That's why I got my medical transcription certificate a few years later.

Fatcat said...

I thought of you this morning when I heard my daughter, her voice furious, say "You put your FEET on my blankie!"

Unforgiveable!