Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tired

Whew, what a week already. We've had 2 days of school and they have gone really well. I guess Violet was a bit bored. We haven't done too hard of stuff, but it hasn't been all fluff either. Then today we went to homeschool bounce at Pump It Up, that was fun. Violet sold 12 boxes of Girl Scout cookies to the families there. I got jazzed up and sent in my money to go see David Albert when he is in town later this month.

Yesterday work was busy. It always is on Mondays. I work most of my weekly hours on the weekend so I send everything in to be reviewed and it comes back with changes or ready for me to finalize on Mondays. And usually along with it are requests to duplicate it for another client or something like that.

Yesterday was also really busy because on Sunday night at our Service Team meeting for Girl Scouts I agreed to contact all the individually registered girls in our service unit to see if they had the information on selling cookies if they were interested. And I decided since I was doing that, and I'm on the service team, and I have an individually registered girl, I might as well bite the bullet and just go ahead and become the IRG coordinator for our area.

I've been thinking about this for quite some time. It is a need that really should be filled and I am the perfect candidate for it. I do have an ulterior motive, Mr. Incredible and I would like for her to hook up with a couple of other girls her age to get together with once in a while and do a service project together or something. I can scope out the other girls this way.

Anyway, I am coordinating the cookie sales for any of the girls who want to participate, usually it is just 3 or 4 and that's what it sounds like it will be this year based on my inquiries so far. And I'm going to send out occasional e-mails to any of the girls who'd like to know what's going on. It shouldn't be too bad. I think yesterday's round of phone calls and messages will be the worst of it.

Tomorrow we stay home. Hang out. Do some school. Mop that kitchen floor before someone sticks to it permanently.

Hope you are all having a good week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You drank the Kool-Aid didn't you? ;o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

Yep, just can't resist the Kool-Aid. LOL

We have hardwood floors throughout our entire living area/kitchen. I got them all mopped yesterday before things started to sprout. :o)

MOM #1 said...

I have one word of advice for you. . . SWIFFER WET-JET.

Well maybe that's two words, or possibly three words. Oh, well, it cleans up quick messes without the drama of mopping. Not that I'm familiar with mopping. ;-)