Tuesday, January 1, 2008

More Snow!



This is a view of my back deck taken this afternoon. I'm not sure if the screen door will open right now, but it isn't like we're going to sit out at the table right now!



This is our garden from earlier today too. You can almost see the raised beds and the table in the back corner and the fencing to keep the bunnies out of the veggies.

We got another 5 inches of snow between yesterday and today. They weren't predicting any accumulation. We've had an unusually heavy amount of snowfall this winter so far. It isn't uncommon for us to have had no snow stick to the ground by this time of year. Of course, we are expecting 40s and rain this weekend. But while it is warm, I'll have Violet go out (with adult supervision, of course) and hit the neighborhood with her Girl Scout cookie sales.

Good thing Santa brought those snowshoes. They are coming in handy!

5 comments:

Fatcat said...

We're jealous. We might get a little bit of snow tonight, but probably less than an inch.

I tried to comment yesterday on your new attitude post but blogger wouldn't let me and now I can't remember what I was going to say. It was probably something brilliant though, knowing me. LoL.

Ami said...

Cookie sales start the third week in January here. I think.

I'll be attending a make-up meeting to be qualified for my troop to sell cookies.

Imagine my excitement.

Go ahead. Just imagine.

Anonymous said...

We've gotten our first "real" snow fall! Woot!

The Old Gray Mare said...

We've got a dusting on the back deck. It is really cold, however, which is a big change from being in the 50's on Saturday.

MOM #1 said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of all that beautiful snow. I wish we could get a little just one time down here in the south ... just one time.

It's beautiful!