Thursday, January 10, 2008

Must not drink Kool-Aid

Think strong thoughts for me tonight. I have to go to a Service Unit meeting where they are going to try to talk me into being Day Camp Bookkeeper again this year. I've been saying since last July that I would not be returning. I'm sticking to my guns.

My official reason is that since last summer I've taken on the job of registrar and spring registration overlaps with the daycamp bookkeeper's busiest time. I can't do both jobs at once. I could barely do the bookkeeping job last year along with homeschooling and working.

My less official reason is that it is too much work and Violet absolutely hated daycamp. We are going to resident camp this year. And the rest of the committee (save 2 really good friends) wigged out on all the after camp work leaving us to do what should have been done by the entire group.

I didn't think they'd get a committee together again, but they have. And they talked the chair into coming back. They have a new director on board who will be fabulous (she's one of the 2 who didn't wig). I think they have also reduced daycamp down to 3 days from 5. But they need to find themselves a bookkeeper. I have all my paperwork organized in a folder for them along with a CD I put all my spreadsheets and other electronic files on (I burned my first CD today!) Someone is going to take it from me tonight. (Or else I know where they live, it will be on someone's porch when they get home from work tomorrow night.)

IF they can't get anyone, they may be able to talk me into throwing together a preliminary budget for them. But that's it. I'm not taking all the registrations and handling all the expenses this year. And I'm not going to all the committee meetings.

Please send strong vibes. I think I'll need them. I'm taking my own bottle of water and not letting it out of my sight.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

Be strong!

Anonymous said...

Don't even THINK about it! ;o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

Just say no! :o)