Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cookie sale update

I'm sure you are all sitting out there on pins and needles wondering how Violet is doing on her sales. We added up her total boxes sold and after one week she's at 97 boxes! Looking very good to meet that 150 box goal. The sale goes for 3 weeks and the orders slow down after the first few days. I don't know how many orders she has from my office, but last year she sold about 40 boxes there. There are still a few more regular customers to ask.

She did a great job ringing doorbells and asking people. She took her form with to a homeschool event and sold to the other two families there. (It wasn't a well attended event, but that's just as well. A lot of the girls in our group are Scouts and I wouldn't have wanted her competing or stealing customers. And the two delivers we'll have to make will be easy.)

So far only 1 box ordered may be difficult to deliver and collect on, that was a family down the street I don't know. But it is only 1 box, so I can eat it if they claim they don't remember ordering. I know some leaders who tell their girls to get the money up front, but you aren't supposed to. If it was a large order and someone we don't know, I'd ask for payment up front.

I will keep you all posted on her progress!

4 comments:

Ami said...

That's an excellent start! Good for her!


Our sale started today, and Lyssa hasn't really sold too many. We will be taking the order form with us to the orthodontist/dentist next week, and her grandparents have asked us to give them a call so they can order. We could have taken their order weeks ago, even though the sale hadn't started... but that darned integrity thing got in the way.

Anonymous said...

If you need help eating those cookies....

The Old Gray Mare said...

Way to go, Violet! That's a whole lotta cookies.

Wendy said...

I LOVED selling Girl Scout cookies. I was always fairly good at it, too. Congrats to Violet. If you lived closer, I'd be buying all the Tagalongs I could fit in my house...