Friday, January 25, 2008

Final Cookie Count

Violet is done selling cookies (the sale officially ends tomorrow) and her final sales total is 201 boxes! You will remember her goal was 150. She got up to 197 boxes (my office ordered a lot, we'll be shlepping cookies around there for a while). Mr. Incredible said he could eat a couple more boxes of peanut butter sandwiches. I called Super Grandma (who had said to let her know if Violet was close to a new level at the end) and she said that Pop Pop (Maddie's name for her grandfathers) was good for 2 more boxes as well. We would have done the extra one, but Grandma had offered so many times I thought I'd better ask. She seemed to really enjoy picking out flavors for Pop Pop to eat (Grandma gave up cookies when her waist line and cholesterol both became bigger than she was comfortable with).

So Violet will get a patch, a label maker (not quite sure what that is), a key chain, a stuffed dog and a t-shirt. Plus she's earned about 100 "J-Bucks" which are like gift certificates that can be spent in the Girl Scout shop, for program fees, or (and this one is Violet's plan) to go to Girl Scout resident camp.

Her next project is to design a thank you card that Mr. Incredible will print out for all her customers. Then of course we have to deliver and collect all the money from the sale. I do believe she's earned those prizes and the J-Bucks. It has been a lot of work.

Speaking of work, if you don't see me much the next week or so it is because of work. My one year-end client has requested we come out next week, about a month earlier than we planned. So I am going to be busy pretending that I still know how to do accounting work. But I'll be back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Violet! Woot!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Wow! Imagining that many boxes of cookies blows me away! A lot of work indeed.

Freakmom said...

I'll try to remember to take a picture of her with all the cookies and post it.

Fatcat said...

wow, that's a lot of cookies!

I'd like to have one right now and disregard completely my waistline and cholesterol!

Anonymous said...

TAG! (Please don't hate me!)

Ami said...

Great work on the cookie sale... if Violet is registered as a Juliette, what happens to her share of the cookie money?