Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm not going to make it

Seriously, there is no way I'm going to survive the rest of this winter. We have had the worst weather that I can remember in a long time. We always get some sort of storm or two. This winter has been one storm after another since November.

In the last week we've had 2 feet of snow. TWO FEET! For us a big snowstorm is 6 to 8 inches. We've had two major storms of 12 inches of snow in less than in week.

Since last Tuesday I've driven in an ice storm, deep snow, heavy fog and another deep snow.

Work is always crazy this time of year, but they won't leave me alone.

Violet is tired of school and even when I try to find fun projects manages to complain.

My jeans are all too tight from eating too much candy over the holidays and it will be months before I can switch back to capris. I've been trying to eat less but with ice and 2 feet of snow on the ground and low wind chills exercising is harder to do than skip.

Whine, whine, whine. The list goes on. I need spring to get here soon!

3 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

I hear you!

Every time you get a snow storm, we get giant thunderstorms. We've not had enough snow to cover up the ground. Strange.

I've resorted to keeping a food diary. The last bag of the clearance Christmas candy is finally gone, and I am avoiding the Valentine's candy. So far.

Fatcat said...

I'd rather have the snow than the thunderstorms we're having. I say that, but if we actually got 2 feet of snow, I wouldn't know how to act. That's never happened here!

SabrinaT said...

I am so ready for the winter to go away! We ended up getting snow 2 times, they have not had snow in this part of Japan for 50 years! It was a mess, they closed the towns for miles. I want SUNSHINE!!!