Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sore muscles and theater tickets

I hurt all over tonight. I shoveled the driveway this afternoon. If you live in the South or another area where it doesn't snow, let me tell you 6 inches of wet snow is darned heavy. The worst part is the last 4 feet of the driveway where the snow plows have pushed 2 feet of snow and ice. And yet the road still isn't clear. Maybe they just move the snow from the fancier subdivision over here to the ends of our driveways.

I could have left it and Mr. Incredible would have done it when he got home tonight. After he'd been gone 12 hours at work. And after the sun had set and the temperature had dropped 20 degrees. But Violet wanted to go out and shovel, and it seemed the better solution to go out and do it before the snow all froze. Plus Mr. Incredible always leaves a big pile of snow at the end of my side of the driveway and I have to drive way over the side to get in and out. I'm really not that good of a driver. I prefer to go straight.

So we shoveled. Actually I shoveled, Violet threw snowballs at the house. Then she wimped out on me and abandoned me with 20 minutes to go. I just took a hot shower hoping to ease up the muscles. Didn't help. Next thing to try: wine. Even if my muscles still hurt, I won't care.

Tomorrow morning we have tickets to the school day performance of The Nutcracker at our favorite local theater. Violet has never seen a live performance of it. It should be fun. I'm going to try to post the only picture of the inside of the theater I could find. It is much more impressive in person. Quite beautiful in fact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are the muscles today?

Freakmom said...

Ugh, awful. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Even my fingers hurt. I wish we weren't going anywhere today.

But the good news: we're expecting more snow tonight. Maybe tomorrow's plans will be snowed out. :P