Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Interruptions

We didn't accomplish much today. Every time we started the phone rang. I have two phone lines at home. One is my home office number. I use that for work, Girl Scouts, and anytime there is a potential for my phone number to get into the hands of a telemarketer. I am very good at ignoring that line and checking for messages when we aren't doing anything. The other phone line is unlisted and generally only family and close friends call it. I always answer that one.

Work people keep calling the home line. Another one did this morning. It interrupted the science lesson. Wasn't her fault, that's the number listed on the company directory. I've tried several times unsuccessfully to have them either change it to my work line, or add both noting which is which. Arggh. I resent the e-mail I sent 8 days ago asking it to be changed, but this time copied my boss on it. I'm hoping it will actually get changed this time.

The other calls were various grandparents. Rare that any of them call during the day, rarer yet that they call on the same day. Then the doorbell rang part way through something else. Since it was after the time public schools got out, and Violet's been totally itching to see her friend from across the street I got up to check. It was the UPS guy driving away after leaving boxes.

One of the boxes contained "The Feelings Book: The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions" and "The Big Book of Help" both by the American Girl Library. We've had some emotional problems around here lately that I'm beginning to accept are just part of being 8 years old. So when the Help book was instantly pounced upon, I dropped what we were doing and let her read.

I guess we were productive today. Just not how or when I'd planned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dontcha just love unplanned days? :o)