Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Snow Day

Wow, it is only the 5th of December and we just had our 3rd winter storm. If this is a sign of things to come, we're going to be stuck at home a lot this winter. Last night's storm left us 6 inches of snow. On top of the ice we still had from Saturday. Violet is going to be so excited when she gets up!

I thought for sure schools would be closed when I saw that very few of the neighbors had their driveways cleared yet and the road is still snow covered. I went to the emergency closing website, but they weren't listed. I guess school buses can plow through most anything.

On one hand that makes my still wanting to do at least a few subjects a lot easier. If Red were off today I'd encourage Violet to play with her out in the snow all day. After all, how many opportunities do you get like that? Well, maybe a lot at this rate. I'll still send her outside to play. But now we can still bake our cookies, do some math and spelling, curl up and read, all on our own schedule.

3 comments:

Katrina :) said...

It must be nice to have snow.....I haven't seen it since 2001. *Sigh*
Any way, this is bunny's daughter, Trina.

Fatcat said...

My kids would be so jealous of your snow. We're supposed to get a "wintry mix" this afternoon. Slush, in other words. Blah.

Your day plan sounds nice.

Anonymous said...

Snowing here too! :o)