Thursday, September 25, 2008

Status Quo

Things are going pretty smoothly around here. I am still pleased with the amount of cleaning I've gotten done. I just have one room left to steam clean. And to clean the laundry room. I'm not sure what I'll do with some of the junk that has accumulated in there.

I need a way to organize mittens, gloves, hats, scarves, ear muffs and other cold weather gear. The current organizational method I use is: toss them all on the top shelf of the hall closet, not be able to find a match, say a few bad words, finally find a match, and leave them on the dryer after the wearer of the cold weather gear returns from the great outdoors. There are still gloves sitting on the dryer from last winter. If you have a better method than mine, I'd love it if you shared.

Today I went out and got my driver's license renewed. I was up for an eye exam. Mr. Incredible says that the eye exam was just a ruse to get me to get a new license with RFID chip or tag or whatever embedded in it. He said he thought Illinois had been fighting that. I didn't admit I had no idea what he was talking about. I like to look smart around him. He looked at my new license but wasn't sure if it had whatever it was in it.

I'm lucky I got my license. First I got lost in the maze of ropes trying to get up to the front desk. No wait, very first I tried to enter through the exit door that has no handle on the outside. Then I got lost in the ropes once I got in the building. They probably would not have issued me a walking license. My horoscope probably says, "Today you will be at your ditziest."

Violet's new leotard arrived yesterday and it looks great. I think we are going to open gymnastics tomorrow. Unless she finds a new reason to chicken out. That's okay if she does. It should be a fun thing. I won't force her to go. But I'm all for taking her if she wants to go.

2 comments:

The Cooking Lady said...

Embedded chips. Ewww, Big Brother is watching. Ick!

I don't know if Florida has them or not, but I shall be asking.

Mel said...

I recently cleaned out and re-org'd our hall closet having had the same issue with all of our cold weather accessories jumbled together. I bought a 3 drawer plastic unit on wheels at Walmart, and labeled each drawer for one of us so each person has their drawer for their own hats, mittens, and scarves. Made a HUGE difference and now the top shelf of the closet is free and clear for other things.