Sunday, September 21, 2008

More progress

Today Mr. Incredible started draining and cleaning the pool to take down for winter. I should have gotten a picture of the pool cover hanging over the swingset. It was amusing. I went ahead and cleaned the upstairs carpeting by the landing and in our bedroom. I'm really pleased with how it looks. I didn't move everything out and do wall to wall, I did the heavily trafficked (and puked on) areas. I think it looks fine. Tomorrow (pending disasters like an emergency from work) I am going to do the carpeting in our front room. Later this week I'll do the family room. Then the steam cleaner is getting put away for another 5 years or so.

Violet got to play with Red today (her friend Red from across the street, not my blogging friend Red. I'd call the friend Little Red, but I call her little sister that. It will just have to be potentially confusing.) They made themselves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches here. Then played at Red's house for a while. Reaching the age of being able to make their own snacks and lunches was certainly a great milestone!

We went out to try to find Violet a new leotard but came up bust. She didn't care for the styles she saw or else they weren't in her size. She did get some new socks and a new shirt for fall/winter. We got some other stuff we needed, then went to Taco Bell for dinner. On the way home we saw a hot air balloon that was quite close. So it was a fun trip.

When we got home I looked online for a leotard, just on a lark, and found one that Violet loved at Walmart on clearance for $6! They had some sort of promotion going on and shipping was only 97 cents! I couldn't have driven to the store for that. It should arrive later this week or early next. She might not have it in time for this Friday's open gymnastics, but for next week's for sure. Hooray for Walmart!

And thanks for the job offers but I'm only doing all this cleaning and organizing here and not going professional (and sorry to disappoint but I will just be wearing my usual t-shirt and baggy shorts and no outfits :wink:). There have been so many things that have gotten neglected over the years, I really want to get this place back in shape again. I hate having people over with big stains on the carpet, cracked windows and piles of clutter everywhere. I guess sometimes appearances do matter to me.

In a few weeks we have a night booked in Wisconsin Dells. The in-laws gave us a gift card for Christmas last year and we are finally using it. After that will be our yearly vacation, then Thanksgiving and then we all know time flies out the window until mid-January. So these next couple of weeks are the last hurrah for the big cleaning projects. I've liked getting all this done, but I'll be ready for a break!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow. Prepping for winter, steam cleaning, Violet playing with a neighborhood friend... Life is moving along, isn't it? You even mentioned Thanksgiving through January. I can't believe how close we are to he end of the year!

The Old Gray Mare said...

I am green with envy. My house looks like a pig sty. The only thing getting done is dishes and laundry. Hubby was forced to clean bathrooms over the weekend. HA!

SabrinaT said...

97 cents for shipping! OH, it is time to move back...
I am in the process of cleaning for winter as well. Bleh. Ian is hope so maybe I can deligate.

MOM #1 said...

Dang, girl, you are getting things DONE over there.

I'm so glad Violet and her little friend are self sufficient with making their lunch. BUT be careful what you wish for, soon they'll be doing everything unassisted and you'll be spending hours and hours on the internet trying to feel useful to others. . . . *SIGH* once again, I digress.

Sounds like a great day for y'all.

Gerky said...

I started by cleaning carpets and then pulled them all out! Sounds like you have been busy!

I love the Dells. Hope you have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Rats. I really could use a Merry Maid around here. ;o)