Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy Saturday

We were busy today, and we never left home.

I've been working on cleaning out rooms and today was my home office's turn. Everything had been moved out so the broken window could be replaced. Nothing was going back in that didn't need to. You know how every house has that one room where things get dumped when company comes over? That's my home office. Nothing ever left it.

Mr. Incredible took a bunch of old computer equipment out for me. I recycled old papers. Old school projects got boxed up. My Girl Scout paperwork was sorted out and organized. I even tried all the pens on my desk and tossed the ones that didn't work any more.

It isn't completely done, but it is a lot better.

On Monday I plan to move stuff around in the master bedroom and the path between our door and the stairs and steam clean the carpeting. For some reason that area seems to attract the cats when their little tummies are upset. So there will be more sorting and a trip to the Salvation Army will be in order. I'll have to keep myself from dropping off at the back door and going in the front door to buy more stuff I don't need. It is so tempting.

Red came over for a bit today to play with Violet. But she had brand new glasses, just gotten this morning, and she started feeling dizzy. We walked her back home so she could take them off for a bit. Violet was bummed, but understood that it takes some getting used to new glasses.

Mr. Incredible canceled part of our satellite service and signed us up for a plan that will better match what we watch on TV. We're thinking of signing up for NetFlix. I called an canceled one of our extra phone lines yesterday. I used it for a fax line before we did so much via the internet for work. I really don't use it any more. We are just accomplishing things left and right.

I still haven't gotten our school day theater account straightened out yet. Did I tell you they didn't correctly credit our account for our payment I made in June? I paid in full for our performances and they only entered it as a 25% deposit. I've made 3 phone calls and sent a fax to the business manager and she hasn't returned any of my messages. Monday I call the general manager. This is ridiculous.

But despite the ongoing war with the theater, and the fact that I have to find a new gyne, and I need to get my driver's license renewed, we are making progress. So much in fact that I declared it pizza night and we ordered in.

We work hard. We deserve it. And it was yummy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pizza! Oink! :o)

Red said...

I swear I was never at your house...there is an impostor running around.

And I thought I was thee only one who tried out their pens and markers. Who knew.

MOM #1 said...

My goodness, you certainly are a mad-cleaning-woman!

When you get done over there, I can pay you by the hour to get started over here. Do you have a french maid uniform? Oops, sorry, wrong blog ;-).

I think pizza sounds perfect. After all that work cleaning, you certainly wouldn't want to dirty up your kitchen by cooking in it.

Fatcat said...

I love a day like that when you get a ton of stuff done. I'm hoping to have one of those tomorrow!

SabrinaT said...

What a busy day. I need someone to organize my life. You up for a vacation?