Monday, September 8, 2008

First day of school

Yep, we start today. At the crack of noon. Our school runs second shift. We start between noon and one. Finish any where from four to six depending on what we're doing, how many breaks we take, if we get tired and give in earlier.

Today we will tackle math, literature, science and history. That's plenty for me. Tomorrow we are throwing a Girl Scout ceremony for some homeschool Juliette friends. Violet will be working towards a badge, the Brownies will complete a Try-it. The moms will gossip. The weather promises to be nice, we are meeting in a park that is central to us all.

I changed my blog template. I liked the purple but couldn't get the other colors to look right with it. I had it really messed up. I decided to start over.

Mr. Incredible is back to work today. He's actually in his basement office, but is working. It was nice having him off. We accomplished a lot. We took some fun day trips. Now I can catch up on everything else that I let slide while he was home.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

We were going to start on Monday too, but with my husband off for 2 extra days, I realized he would be a distraction. So we will begin on Wednesday. I'm a bit bummed about waiting. :-(

Anonymous said...

Glad your first day went well. I personally hate it when my hubby is home. Love him, but hate him at home when teaching.
Good luck tomorrow. Hope the mom's help you and not gossip too much.
I'll be thinking of you!!
Bunny

The Cooking Lady said...

I love the new template...really I do and we too started school, and we run a second shift classroom. My daughter does not rise before 9 and she is a bear, so we adapt.Works for us.

But she is starting high school and wants to dual enroll by next fall, so she has to step up to the plate and play catch up in math. And guess what? She has. She comes to me now and says, "Mom, we need to do math...who knew. *As I wipe away a tear*

It's me Red.

MOM #1 said...

I'm so glad you had a successful first day. I'm sorry I'm so late commenting on it.

We recently started back as well and I had forgotten how much of my time it takes up, but I promise to try to stop by at least once a week.

I love the idea of having second shift school days. One of the MANY MANY joys of home schooling. ;-)