Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gourdirific



Violet and I picked our gourd today. We have a few tiny ones still growing on the vine that we are hoping will get bigger before our first frost. I'm glad we harvested this one before any bugs or anything got to it. Violet is thinking about trying to carve it or paint it for Halloween.

Mr. Incredible got the pool down today. I'm am all set to steam clean the family room tomorrow morning. And I got the laundry room cleaned today. I think my spring cleaning is almost done.

We held a funeral for Lucy the Hermit Crab. She actually passed away last year, but has been sitting in her shell in her house all this time. Don't ask.

The air was definitely crisp and fall is on its way. Not too many leaves turning yet, but they will soon. Time to start thinking snowshoeing, snowmen and hot chocolate.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Woo hoo. Time for gourds and hot chocolate!

Why not call it "autumn cleaning"? It makes it sound like you clean twice a year. ;-)

Thanks for the comment. I find it reassuring to know that my son is perfectly normal. He excels in some areas, and needs to take a little more time in others. Same as any child!

Kendra Allegra said...

Trust me you're not the only one whos hermit crab has had to wait in their tank for an extended period of time for a proper funeral-I have burried at least 3 maybe even 4 over the last year.

Red said...

I cleaned and rearranged 2 pantries, bulk cooked some black beans, hung up some curtains I had washed, finished up all the laundry I could, help the kids bake bread(I still cannot do that much kneading with my back recovering from spinal surgery), helped my daughter with her science project, and cooked a new vegetarian dish for dinner.

I would say we both had a productive day.

dariasmama said...

I can't believe how big Violet is getting :)

Happy Fall!!! We're to the teaser stage here, where it's cool from 10 P to 10 A, and 90 *F in the afternoon.

MOM #1 said...

I guess I'm showing how dumb I am right now, but what's that gourd? It's just called a gourd? Do you eat it? Do you make pie with it? What does it taste like? I don't understand?

*SIGH* Sounds like you're being super productive over there.

Oh, and I certainly have no intention of asking about that hermit crab, may she rest in peace.