Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling groovy

No haven't been sniffing the catnip again, just feeling silly tonight. I think I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep.

Violet had a terrible time sleeping last night and woke up feeling awful. But after a good breakfast and a walk around the block for some fresh air and sunshine, she was feeling top notch. At least top enough to go to open gymnastics. So we went.

She did her usual, very slow to warm up. But the nice thing is the gym is owned by a homeschool family. The dad was running it today. We didn't know them before, they run in the Christian homeschool circles and we don't. He was very nice and the gym was great.

Two of Violet's good friends showed up. They did some stuff together, and she did most of her stuff on her own. She likes swinging on the bars, walking on the really low beam, and the trampoline. She kept bumping body parts on stuff and would come over to me and the other mom we knew almost in tears. But she kept going back. We think it was from lack of sleep, messed with her coordination. As we were getting into the car she asked if we could go again next week. I'd say it was a success.

Got our Rainbow Resource order today. I bought more Young Scientist Club kits. They've been a BIG hit here. With both of us. We also got the next Editor in Chief level for grammar, another big hit. I also bought a surprise: Borderline, a geography card game much line Uno or Crazy Eights, but with states. It looks like fun.

Violet and Mr. Incredible have a lunch date for Sunday. No Mamas allowed. :) I like it when they take off together and have their own thing. I think it is really important for them. And I really don't mind missing lunch at McDonald's!

This weekend I need to work, but there isn't an overwhelming amount. I plan to clean that last room as well. And I expect to get quite a bit to process from Girl Scout troops for their fall registrations. The "on time" registration is due October 1. Personally, I never got excited over "on time" registration, but it is nice for me to know when they will all be turning their forms in.

Violet just stopped by asking to play the new card game. Gotta go.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

That card game sounds fun, I gotta get it. I'm glad gymnastics was a success. Make sure she gets plenty rest before the next trip. ;-)

The Cooking Lady said...

But hey, look at it this way, catnip is legal. *snickers*