Friday, February 3, 2012

Mousie

Here's a joke for you:

What is worse than finding a dead mouse in your family room?

Answer: Finding half a dead mouse in your family room.

Yep, this morning we awoke to find the back half of a mouse on the family room rug. None of the 3 cats were admitting to it, but we suspect Marbles.



This isn't a recent photo of the suspect, as you can tell by the green grass outside. He is the most likely to have made a kill and actually eaten part of it. The other two are too soft. They are true kitty pets.

We asked Marbles to please either finish his snacks, or find a better place to store them. He should, Mr. Incredible got rid of the back half of the mouse. If Marbles went back for it later it was gone. "Hey, where's my mouse butt? I was going to eat that after lunch!"

The mice that live in the basement (in the cage, I've told you about them, right?) were all accounted for. They are the field mice (or possible descendants of them) that moved into the birdseed in the garage and eventually into the basement in a nice little cage. They love their wheel. All field mice should have one. Here's the story of Mr. I first meeting the mice. I can't find any posts where they moved in. Mr. I is a little nutty, have I mentioned that?

The worst part of the whole ordeal is that Mr. I and I both walked right past the half mouse at least once, assuming it was a mousie toy on the floor. It wasn't. Well, not a catnip one. I think we need to be a little more observant.

Eww

6 comments:

Ami said...

Half mouse is better than half donkey. Or rather, half ass.

I think all cats should be suspects. They're creepy.

Fatcat said...

Our kitties live outside because of allergies (they have little straw filled cat houses out there) and they tend to leave their mousies on the front porch. We have to watch Max, our dog, because he likes to pick them up and bring them in. I'm with you on the EW.

Gail said...

It's been a long time since we've had to deal with something like that. Our current 2 cats are pampered little furballs who prefer their treats to be served to them on a platter (or at least the plastic dish in the kitchen). But I could tell stories from back in the day we had a couple of hunter cats ....

Mel said...

Disturbing.

MOM #1 said...

Uhmmmmm yuck!

I could tell you some horror stories about the *ahem* interesting things Baby Doggy has brought home, but they're tooooooooo gross.

Mother Mayhem said...

Try looking out and seeing just the tail hanging out of their mouth. A favorite trick of Ollie's. Blech.