Saturday, February 11, 2012

Still Coughing

I woke up last night feeling like my chest muscles had been ripped from my chest. I finally got up and took some Tylenol and more cough syrup. The Tylenol helped and by morning my chest only hurt when I coughed not all the time. Still coughing tonight. We were supposed to go to Madison tomorrow to meet my in-laws for the day. Mr. Incredible called and postponed. He said I had no business going, and he didn't want to spend 5 hours with me in the car. Besides, we were supposed to go to the zoo and it is going to be COLD tomorrow.

I hope I am better by Tuesday. I'm supposed to go the office and really don't want to cancel. I missed the last round of department meetings while we were on vacation. It is best to be at those things and not get assigned stuff you don't want. And I'm supposed to do a training session for the department. I've already had to cancel it once because of snow, and I just want to get them trained. And I need to check the cookie money envelope to see who left checks in it before I send out the notices that cookies are coming. Then I can say in the e-mail who still owes and how much.

Have I mentioned I hate cookie sales? 5 more years. That is the most I'll have to do this. Then I'm never eating another Girl Scout cookie again. Certainly not collecting for and delivering them.

I don't have to work tomorrow. No school. I should clean the house. But I'm sick. I'm not doing much but sleep and read.

3 comments:

Ami said...

I bought cookies this year from a couple of 'my' kids. I don't miss the sales at all.

I sure hope you're feeling better soon. Glad you at least have time to rest and recuperate.

But doesn't it suck to be ill on the weekends? It's like your body is conspiring with your employer, ya know? So you'll be okay in time to work, but during your leisure time you get to feel like crap.

NOT fair.

:::uploading good thoughts for clear sinuses and no coughing:::

Fatcat said...

I hope you feel better very soon! I hate coughing.

MOM #1 said...

I hope you feel better soon. Chest pain and congestion is the worst! I hope it all goes away before you have to do that training.

I LOVE girl scout cookies, but Mom #2 and I are dieting. . . So none for us this year.