Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home Alone

Violet stayed at home by herself today for the first time ever. She's been here when Mr. I or I were tied up on the phone with work, but never completely by herself. It was about 20 minutes. I went to the library and got the holds. She never moved from the couch because she was so busy reading. I don't think she's ready for a long weekend alone, but this was definitely a success.

My cold is pretty much gone. I think I'll still have a mildly runny nose and slight cough for a few more days. Violet's is a lot better too. But she was coughing strong enough that I didn't want her going in the library. And the wind was rather bitter today, I'm glad she wasn't out in it.

I think I've solved my dilemma about what to do with the Juliette Juniors next year. No, I won't duct tape them to a tree (my go to camp punishment threat) and I won't quit doing programming for them. I found someone in one of the GS Yahoo groups I'm on with some extra Junior badges for sale. I contacted her and am ordering 2 each of 4 badges. I can tie them in to some Cadette things I had planned. And for what I can't, the Cadettes can get fun patches (and vice versa with the Cadette stuff I can't match up). The topics are all things I know all the girls will love doing, even if there isn't a badge for them.

Violet is staying in the other Cadette group as well, and is fine with the fact that some of the badge work may overlap. She just loves both groups and doesn't mind some overlap. I'm happy this looks like it will work out. For a girl who didn't want to join anything or do anything more social than just a playdate with one friend at a time until last fall, this is huge for her!

I'm still getting caught up on blog entries. I'm up to how you all spent Valentine's Day. Yep, I really fell behind!

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

She's coming out of her shell! My shy girl is too. :-)

Mel said...

B keeps begging to be left home alone. So far we only leave her if we go on walks together since she doesn't enjoy that much but we haven't done that since fall because it's so cold. I keep thinking I could leave her for a short quick trip to the store but my hubby is very opposed to it for now. Glad you're on the mend!