Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 13

And the cold is finally almost gone. I've felt much better the last 2 days. I still cough once in a while and have a runny nose, but nothing like I had a week ago.

Which is exactly what Violet has now. I thought she was doing better today, but then this afternoon we realized she had a slight fever. Grr. More staying in and resting for her. We put a bunch of books on hold for her at the library. If they are all pulled and ready for pick up after dinner I'll run over and get them. Otherwise she'll probably ride with me tomorrow and wait in the car while I get them.

We had the Juliette Thinking Day party planned for today. That was cancelled yesterday. I rescheduled it for March 6th. I want plenty of time to recuperate.

She also has her other Cadette group on Thursday. Playing that one by ear.

Cookies came in on Friday. By Sunday afternoon they'd (almost) all been delivered, and all the money (except $8) has been collected. That is a record. The non-delivered cookies are the ones to my parents and my dad's buddy. And the donation cookies need to be dropped off. The $8 due is from a woman at work whose mom died suddenly Friday night. She won't be in a for awhile and obviously I can't chase her down right now. I left her cookies for her safely in her desk for when she returns.

Of course, I don't know where to turn the cookie money in. The volunteer thought it went to the Council office. Maybe, but I don't think so. It never has before. I've got an e-mail out to the Council product sales director with a cc to the volunteer (nicely worded, don't worry, I didn't go all freak on them - maybe the volunteer is right, policies change).

I need to catch up with all of your blogs, I'm behind again. I miss you all!

5 comments:

Ami said...

I sure hope everyone gets healthy at your house soon! We've had a cold here, but nothing like what you describe. I heard that there are two cases of whooping cough at the school where I work... none of them have been 'my' kids, though.

I get my GS cookie fix tomorrow. One of my kids sold me two boxes of thin mints, which will go in the freezer AT WORK. They are ALL FOR ME.

Gail said...

I'm glad you're recovering, but sorry to hear Violet was next in line. Annabeth is going down for the count at our house -- had a fever yesterday and today, and is generally wandering around looking glazed.

Mother Mayhem said...

You and Violet sound a lot like me and Sweetums. :o)

I just went online to renew some library books, and, much to my horror, I have one that's overdue! ACK.

Evidently, I left box unchecked when I renewed them last time.

Fatcat said...

I hope that soon you'll be able to say everyone in your house is healthy!

MOM #1 said...

You're going to have to set off a Lysol bomb to make sure all those sick germs are out for good.

I hope Violet feels better soon!