Friday, February 10, 2012

RIP Almond

Violet's goldfish, Almond, died yesterday. She was 3 years old. Her best friend and tank mate, Peanut, had died last year. Almond had an accident with the filter and got caught behind it. We think it injured her swim bladder. She held on for a week, but didn't recover. The last couple of days, Mr. I., in his best Dr.Doolittle impersonation, gently held her in his hand (in the water) and tried to get her to eat. Good bye, Almond, you were a good fish.

In other news.

I'm sick. I've got the cough/cold thing that is going around. I am really tired and really crabby. The only thing I've gotten to take off from has been the Cadette group meeting. I had Mr. I. drive Violet there, along with the craft I had for them that week. I didn't want to cough all over them and in the Cadette Mom's kitchen. They had their Valentine's party and Violet had a blast. I think she enjoys it a little more when I'm not there anyway. She made angel food cake cupcakes with pink frosting for her pink snack to share. And they did the Shrinky Dinks I sent with her.

In the last 3 days busy season arrived for me at work. I have a lot to do. My plan is as much as possible not to go over my paid hours each week. No problem this week, I still have to work 5 hours tomorrow to get there. Nothing is so urgent that it can't wait if I don't get it done in 5 hours, so we're good.

But the way requests were coming at me this afternoon, you would have thought they were urgent. I think it just seemed that way because I'm sick, and Violet was needing more attention. And the network is down tonight for routine maintenance so I can't work. Have I mentioned that this cough is making me tired and crabby?

I've been rereading Little Britches by Ralph Moody for Classic Moms. I adore that book. Violet and I read the whole series last year. I think I've decided I want to do a full blown study of the series. Reread them all. Take notes. Make character analysis and comparisons. The whole bit. Maybe it is the cough talking. But I don't feel like I'm done with the books yet.

Part of it is when I read a book out loud, I don't feel like I get as much out of it as when I read it myself. It is the same as when I listen to a book rather than read it. I think I need to read the books again.

But for now, I'm off to bed early again. Good night.

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

R.I.P. Almond.

Get well soon, Freakmom.

Anonymous said...

Aw, sorry to hear about Almond. I hope Violet is doing OK and that you feel better soon.

Ami said...

Lyssa used to cry over and have a funeral for every fish who died in our tank.

I hope no one at your house is really sad.

And feel better. Rest. Turn off the world as much as you can. :)

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER

Mother Mayhem said...

Sending our condolences. :o(