Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Robitussin Shots

Yes, I'm still sick. I really don't feel bad, just horribly tired. And I can't stop coughing. Needless to say, I did not go into the office today. I cancelled yesterday afternoon. It has to be over soon. I haven't been to the doctor. For one, because our health insurance won't cover it. And For two, because I really think it is just a classic cold and there isn't anything the doctor can do besides bill me out of pocket for an office visit. If I were getting worse, I'd call. But I'm not.

Violet had a book club meeting today, I dropped her off and Mr. I. picked her up. Usually I stay, but the family that hosts didn't need me coughing all over their family room. Violet likes to be dropped off anyway.

Violet has also signed up for a jewelry making class at a nearby art studio. One of her new Cadette friends told us about it. All four of the Cadettes are taking it. When I spoke with the lady who runs the place today, she said there were 3 girls signed up (Violet's registration went out in the mail this morning), so at the moment, I think the 4 are the only ones in the class. It starts in a few weeks.

Did I tell you I finally got notified of when and where to get the cookies? I did. I am happy with the time and place (not that I would have argued if I didn't like it).

Mr. I. got me a sweet Valentine and a big box of chocolates. Violet made us all Shrinky Dink Valentines. Mr. I. got Violet a bag filled with chocolates and plush stuffed cuties. I got them both a bag of assorted chocolates and little candy heart boxes. (I bought bags of Valentine hearts in various chocolate flavors and "stole" 2 of Violet's goodie bags to fill. I told her after I gave it to her that I couldn't ask to use the goodie bags, but I should have. She thought it was funny.) It was a chocorific Valentine's Day!

This will be yet another early night for me.

5 comments:

Gail said...

I hate it when colds drag on and on and on. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Ami said...

Feel better. I think it's your fault that I have a nasty cold now.

Well, either that or the fact that I work in a germ factory.

MOM #1 said...

Oh, Honey, I hope you feel MUCH better VERY soon.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

They (doctor-types) always say the cough can drag on for - what - like 2 weeks? Ugh. I really hope you feel better soon.

It sounds like Violet is keeping busy with everything she does. Your posts about Girl Scouts do make me miss it. I think when we get back to the U.S., I should get involved as an adult in a local troop. With no daughter of my own (yet), it might be nice.

Mmm, chocorific V-day... I always keep so much chocolate in the house as it is, that I tell my husband *not* to give me chocolates. LOL ;)

Mother Mayhem said...

I have a nasty head cold myself. Achoo. I got it from Cap'n Chaos.

Hope you feel better soon my friend!