Friday, December 2, 2011

End of the Week

And what a week it has been.

Got some good news: a tentative Juliette event I had set up for next week, but couldn't get a firm confirmation on, was officially postponed. I was relieved. I think the other moms were. The lady we'd asked if we could visit and learn about environmental issues from was really relieved. We've all just got too much going on, a free day is welcome. And the lady suggested a special viewing of a really awesome sounding program they are going to do in February: hands on learning and activities/crafts all environmental based with visits with wildlife (not sure what wildlife we'll see, but it is scheduled on and around the big Groundhog Day festival). We are looking forward to it!

Got some sad news: my boss' 16 year old nephew committed suicide. Just a horrible tragedy. A co-worker and I went to the visitation together to try to offer support to our boss and her family. But at a time like that there is so little to say or do.

Got some upcoming news: I don't want to share it quite yet, because all parties involved haven't heard it (although none of them read my blog, but still you don't want to spoil it). It involves Girl Scouts and a new plan and needless to say, Violet is really happy about it.

Got some homecoming news: Our friend Harvey is back home, snug in his mud home, his cross country wagon travels are over. They made it to New Mexico. After much discussion, he and his traveling companion decided to forgo a return trip by wagon. They and the mules got a ride home from a guy named Joe, Harvey will return next week with a borrowed truck and get his wagon. (We assume Sadie came home too, she wasn't mentioned in the e-mail announcement, but I know Harvey wouldn't leave her behind.) I am glad Harvey will be back home for winter.

Got some less work news: The meetings I was supposed to go to all day Monday have been postponed. No trip to the office. The one meeting that didn't get canceled, I got the okay to join by phone if they need me.

Got some theater news: Violet was invited to go a performance of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" with some friends. It is at the Woodstock Opera House, a fancier venue than we usually go to. They had an extra ticket. She's excited.

Got some boob news: (sorry, that was just too good a title to pass up) My mammogram results were normal and the insurance paid for it 100%. Sure they are supposed to pay for it, but aren't we all actually relieved when that Explanation of Benefits (EOB, to those of us in the biz) comes with no patient portion on it.

That's all the news I can think of right now. It was a good week, but there was a lot going on. We've got a busy weekend planned to. No rest for the wicked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it was mostly good news. So sorry about your boss's loss. You are right - there is not much you can say or do at that point, but being there means a lot.

Mother Mayhem said...

Phew! What a week! =)

So sad about the suicide...

Ami said...

My life is a whirlwind right now, too. I think it's just regular stuff combined with the holidaze etc.

What a tragedy to have someone so young take his own life. Nothing can be said to help with that. Being a supportive friend is all one can do.

Happy booby news. I have one scheduled in a couple weeks myself.

And I don't know about you, but I find it hysterical that the word 'farce' is my word recognition to leave this comment.

MOM #1 said...

Last year one of Baby Boy's friends committed suicide. It's always such a big shock! I'm so sorry to hear of another young life ending needlessly and violently.

Sounds like you had a very busy week. Yesterday was my last final!!! I'm officially free until January! So I'll be checking in on you a lot more frequently. Put your best blogging forward! ;-)