Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ode to a Good Night's Sleep

What a difference a good night's sleep can make!

Violet had a bad sore throat all day yesterday. Just a cold, probably from the crazy schedule she's been keeping. She spent most of yesterday curled up in a blanket reading. I knew she wasn't feeling good because she took the Tylenol I offered. She doesn't like to take medicine at all. Don't know where she got that from, certainly not me. I go up and down the over-the-counter aisle at the drug store loading up my cart with all the goodies.

At bedtime last night she wanted the blanket she'd been wrapped up in all day, but Alexi the orange cat was on it. She whispered (since it hurt to talk) that if he got off it, could I bring it up to her? I moved him onto another blanket and took it up to her. Alexi stayed on the replacement blanket for quite a while, so I don't think he minded too much.

Anyway, after a good night's sleep she is feeling much better.

As for me. I didn't sleep well for several nights this week. Laid awake at night, early mornings, late nights. I think it showed in my last crabby post. I got to bed early last night and slept in and I feel much better. I'm still not going back to that co-op, and I'm not going to hang out with those moms any more. But I'm not so whiny and crabby about it. I've moved on.

I leave for Michigan tomorrow. I'm pretty much ready to go. I can't decide whether to get the salmon or the trout or the mushroom ravioli at the hotel restaurant for dinner (we always read the restaurant menus ahead of time when traveling for work - the meals are one of the best parts!). After I get back Tuesday night, it should be smooth sailing until the end of the year. And if not, I'll get a good night's sleep and start over the next day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she's feeling better. Yes, sleep really does make a difference. I've noticed that when I get sick, it's when I feel really run-down. Aw, I'm like Violet - I try to avoid over-the-counter meds. Though I do go for zinc and vitamin C when I get the first sign of a cold, and then plenty of mint tea and soup. :)

And sleeping badly is awful. Blech. It really makes a difference in a mood. The importance of good sleep is underrated, I think! It's the one thing I missed the most when my son was a baby.

Have a good trip!

Ami said...

Hope Violet is all better today. And that the cat got a nice rest. :)

As for the crazy co op? I won't use the F word on your blog. But I sure would on mine.

MOM #1 said...

Poor Violet, I hope she's much better. Sore throats are the worst.

I'm with Ami on the co-op. We only tried a couple, but I guess when I homeschool, I like to have it MY way. Period. No discussion. No interference. Nothing. So I'm not really good co-op Mom material, LOL.

I'm glad you got some rest. Today was the first day that I actually slept well in so many weeks, I can barely count. It felt good to not have some project, paper, or homework assignment torturing me in my dreams!

Have a fun, safe trip. I vote for the salmon!

Mother Mayhem said...

Hope that Violet is feeling better! HUGS.

Sleep is good.

Get the ravioli. Sounds MMM...