Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Guess what I did today?

You'll never guess. And I know, you don't have time to sit around guessing what goofball thing Freakmom did this time. So I'll cut right to the chase. I exercised!

Yes, after several months of avoiding the Wii Fit and trying not to look it in the eye, I finally broke down today and turned the thing on and exercised. I even weighed in, although I really, really didn't want to. It wasn't bad, not real bad at least, just not what I'd have liked. But what I can expect after 4 months of sitting on my butt, eating everything in sight, drinking sugary soda and stressing?

Hopefully I'll be better about exercising. And maybe I can control my snacking a bit. We'll see.

I asked Violet today if she had any New Year's resolutions and she had 2: to stop biting her nails and to exercise more. My only one had been to not let my job control my life, so I decided her exercise one was a good idea. I'm resisting all kinds of temptation to make it a big "mother and daughter exercise and get fit" program. Nothing kills a good idea quicker than organizing it. Maybe we can go for more walks and play more active games together. Heck, we can't do less activity than we currently do...we'd morph completely into sloths.

Anyone else have any resolutions they'd like to share?

6 comments:

Ami said...

Exercise is a good thing. I miss it. Hope my issues are resolved enough for me to start moving around more soon.

My resolution this year is the same as all other years.

To try and do a good thing for someone when I can. To remain anonymous about it as much as possible.

Doesn't sound too complicated, right?

Fatcat said...

You all should try for the presidential active lifestyle award certificate. My daughter and I did it last year. It gives you a goal and a place to record it, etc.

I've been on my hiney the last few months too. :-(

MOM #1 said...

I'm totally going to pull out my Wii Fit too, and my Just Dance for an added bonus. Of course my resolutions are to stop stressing and get skinny. *SIGH*. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Exercise! LOL I usually do it every day, but I've been so focused on work, that my only exercise is walking everywhere. Must get back into yoga in the new year. :)

Ooh, not biting nails is a good one. Good luck to Violet!

I have New Year's goals, all work-related (finish projects A, B, C, D, E). Heh. Very exciting.

Michelle said...

My Wii Fit makes snarky comments when I weigh in. :( Makes me mad, so I don't use it. I loved it for a long time though. This year, my boys are training me in Karate. They learn it in class and then teach it to me at home. Double plus good! They get twice the exercise and they learn it better because they teach it AND I get the benefit too.
I feel so good when I do get off my rear and get busy! Happy fitness!

Mel said...

I bought a Wii Fit over 2 years ago and have only used it once. I avoid looking at it, as you can imagine, as it pokes out from under the media center mocking me all of the time. We bought a recumbent bike for the exercise room so I can't avoid exercising for long. I know I should. I will. Sigh. I am not an exercise person. Quite honestly, in my 42 years, I have purposely exercised about 5 times and that is no lie. I eat whatever I want. By all rights I should weigh over 300 pounds. I guess fairly decent genetics keep me only a little fat instead of lots. :-(