Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Vacation, Baby!

That's right, all my responsibilities are now officially over and I am on Christmas Vacation! Can I get a WOOHOO?! Okay, so yes, I'm a mom, my responsibilities are never actually over, but I am free and clear. We had our last homeschool event today. All the presents have been sent. I'm done with work. There is nothing I have to do on any particular time frame for the next week. Look at Freakmom goof off and read a book. Now look, she's sleeping in. And wait, can it be? Yes, she is relaxed!!

Okay, silliness aside, it is starting to feel very Christmasy around here. Today I got a wonderful surprise in the mail from Mom#1, a local mug from Texas and a sample of Mom#2's famous Mexican Hot Chocolate!! I can't wait to try it after reading about it for so long. A huge thank you to my wonderful long distance friend!!

Today driving home from the final book club meeting of the year, it started to snow. But it melted as it landed. We're hoping for a white Christmas because otherwise it will be a brown, dreary Christmas (whoever coined the phrase "green Christmas" wasn't talking about the north. It is either white or brown. Never green.) I heard a lady in the library say she heard it was supposed to snow again Friday night, but I don't see it on the forecast.

We will be spending a lovely Christmas at home by ourselves this year. That is our favorite. We did a very nice Christmas with my parents on Sunday. We haven't figured out when we're going to see Mr. Incredible's folks yet. But it won't be in the next week. That's okay, we went there for Thanksgiving.

Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot to do. Violet has some crafts yet to do, including her gingerbread house kit. And she wants to make more cookies. Those are some of the plans for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

But tonight, my book and a glass of wine are calling me. Hope you all are enjoying a peaceful and relaxing week too!

6 comments:

Gail said...

WOOHOO indeed!

Mother Mayhem said...

Adding my WOOHOO! =)

Sweetums got the package and was delighted to say the least! Thank you Incredibles!

Anonymous said...

Ah, time off rocks! Enjoy your holidays and hope that you have a white Christmas. (Brown ones just aren't nearly as pretty.)

Glory Bea said...

Hi Freakmom :) It sounds like your day-to-day is more adventurous than mine, and I'm glad you finally get to relax. Oooh ... and enjoy a book! My favorite, with coffee, then tea, then water, then more coffee.

Have a happy Christmas and New Year!

MOM #1 said...

I completely feel you. WOOT!!! Hurray for time off.

I'm reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It's pretty good. It feels so good not to have all the homework and studying on my mind while I RELAX and enjoy a good book.

Happy Christmas Vacation!!!!

Fatcat said...

Woohoo! Good for you. I'm working Christmas eve but it was my choice. I'm mostly fine with it. :-)