Monday, November 28, 2011

Kicking Chef Butt!

Yes, our gal Elizabeth Faulkner is really kicking chef butt on The Next Iron Chef competition. You may remember that we met her at a book signing while on vacation. She's made it to the top 5! And is still going strong. The toasted bagel and cream cheese ice cream she made on the episode that aired last night was very similar to the dessert she made (and we sampled) at the culinary demonstration. When she started to the ice cream machine we knew she'd survive! We've had her bread based ice cream - it is delicious. For us (yeah, I know, it wasn't like we went to her house and she made it just for us, don't worry, I'm a fan, not a stalker) she made a reconstructed pb&j sandwich in an ice cream sundae. I mean really, how can that lose?

Keep kicking chef butt, Elizabeth! We're rooting for you!

2 comments:

Mel said...

How awesome is that. We love that show and Iron Chef and all Food Network in general. It's a staple channel we watch. I'd love to meet any of those people. I'm pulling for Anne Burrell though, I adore her.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so cool. I hope she wins!