Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to work

It was back to work today. I didn't have to go in, just work from home. I was rested and relaxed and have been working on changing my attitude to not let it take over, so I didn't really mind. I didn't find too much alarming in my e-mail either, which was a nice treat.

The rest of the day we bummed around the house. Violet is getting her forms and such ready for the Girl Scout cookie sale which begins on January 2nd. She is just going to post a form at my office (I'll take it in with me and leave it when I go on the 3rd) and ask 2 neighbors who usually buy from her. She never catches the moms of the neighbors at home, usually other family members. The others prefer (or have been trained, who knows?) to have the moms do the ordering. What we've done in the past is leave a little note from Violet with a "door hanger" flyer from council. The moms call Violet later with their orders. They both work at the local grade school and have said they like being able to honestly tell all the little girls there that they just buy from their neighbor.

Tomorrow is more of the same, working a little, bumming a little. Thursday we might mix it up and go to the library. Are we party animals or what? Friday we're going to my folks to help them take their Christmas tree down. They are perfectly capable of doing it themselves, but Violet and I decorated it and Violet wanted to put every ornament they own on it. It was PACKED. I felt guilty not helping put them all away too, so off we'll go.

Still no snow here. It has been cold, mainly raw and windy. But no snow. That's okay with me. I've seen snow. I don't need to see it again.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I go back to work on January 4th. I miss my kids, I miss the crafty projects and the giggles and the general busyness of it all.

But I'm still healing from surgery and glad I don't have to go back just yet.

I have promised to buy at least one box of cookies from every girl in my program who is a Girl Scout.

I will buy Thin Mints. Lots of them.

MOM #1 said...

I know all about humming around. I'm still so exhausted from Christmas, that I haven't gotten out of my panamas all week!!!