Friday, August 22, 2008

Camp Time

At long last, I am posting pictures from our second camp adventure this summer. I don't have as many pictures, I'm thinking that means we had too good of a time to stop and photograph things.

This is a good one of Violet at the pool. Their pool wasn't heated like the first camp, but was quite nice none the less.



Here we both are together. It was taken by some of friends we've met at camp. They were at both of our sessions this year, plus at camp with us last year. It is nice to know we aren't the only crazy "campies" who camp hop all summer long! (Like the goofy name tags?)




I don't have many good pictures in the cabin. Here's Violet waking up in the morning:



An absolute favorite camp activity: creek stomping! Yes, Violet is as wet as she looks. The creek water was really cold, at first she was complaining about it. Next thing I knew she was splashing and stomping and "falling" accidentally to get really wet!



And more creek stomping:



Crafts were big at this camp. Here she is the art cabin working on some wind chimes:



And sitting under a tree working on a lanyard during some downtime:



I forgot to get the camera out until we were done canoeing and she had taken the life vest off. So I made her pose quickly with the canoe:



Here's the bridge in the center of camp. It leads over the creek.



And Violet on the steps of our cabin as we were packing up to go home:




It was definitely a fun time. I didn't think she'd make it through that first night when she got herself so worked up and couldn't fall asleep. Then she did great at all the activities. I am so glad she wants me to go with again next summer, I love camp!

7 comments:

Dana Leeds said...

How neat. How do you find a camp for parents & children? I think my daughter is too young to camp by herself, but I'd LOVE to camp with her!!!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I didn't know about Mr. Revere & I and I will check that out. And, thanks for the zoo ideas, too!

- Dana

Wendy said...

Oh, wow. I sure miss being in Girl Scouts and being a little girl. Summers really meant something then! Good memories to be made. :-) I'm glad you both had a wonderful time.

MOM #1 said...

I LOVE photo essays. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

Fatcat said...

Such fun!

Violet's a cutie, even in the mornings. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Geepers-Creepers... Where'd you get those peepers? ;o)

She has the loveliest eyes! Looks like you two had a grand time! Yay!

Donna said...

Fantastic pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast. I really like the one of the two of you - So seldom us moms get in the pictures.

The Old Gray Mare said...

Violet looks like she's having so much fun! Almost makes me want to go camping too. Almost.