Sunday, August 3, 2008

Alphabet about me

Mom #1 tagged me. And because I think she's the bee's knees, I'm playing along.

A. attached or single? Attached.

B. best friend? Mr. Incredible.

C. cake or pie? Cake, chocolate with vanilla frosting is my favorite. I'm not much of a pie person.

D. day of choice? Um, I don't know. They are often similar. How about vacation days?

E. essential item? my computer, Burt's Bees body products, and (gross as it is) my retainer (without it, I'd be back in braces)

F. favorite color? Yellow

G. gummy bears or worms? Neither, they are too sticky and hard to chew for me. Chocolate covered raisins or peanut butter M&Ms.

H. hometown? A very small town in Northern Illinois (population 300), not far from where I am now.

I. favorite indulgence? a nice cup of coffee and peace and quiet to read the newspaper or a book, preferably outside, in the country.

J. January or July? July, January is too cold, too snowy, and spring is too far away.

K. kids? Violet is the one and only

L. life isn't complete without? Good food and good coffee

M. marriage date? Sept. 2nd, coming up on 19 years!

N. number of brothers & sisters? none, I'm an only just like Violet

O. oranges or apples? Apples especially in apple crisp.

P. phobias? goodness, don't get me started I'm as bad as Monk: snakes, spiders with fur, big dogs, medium-sized dogs, bridges, stepping on manhole covers or sidewalk grates, escalators, some lizards, tornados, and more snakes. Most aren't paralyzing fears, I just avoid them as much as possible.

Q. quotes? how about one a co-worker/friend once said about me, "For a such a quiet person, you sure do have a mouth on you!" She said it in admiration after I had just told a fellow co-worker where to stick it.

R. reasons to smile? Mr. Incredible, Violet, the fact that so far no cats have had a hairball on the carpeting today.

S. season of choice? Fall. I love the crispness to the air, the turning leaves, the pumpkin patches and the apple orchards, the corn mazes and the bonfires.

T. tag seven peeps! I am all about free choice and free will. You can play along if you'd like or sit and watch the game until you are comfortable joining in.

U. unknown fact about me? Hmm, not sure what I haven't revealed. I used to have a brown belt in karate. I passed the CPA exam in one sitting (after studying my brains out for months). As a teenager I used to sneak to Wisconsin to drink with friends because the drinking age was lower than Illinois.

V. vegetable? squash. I just got brave enough to try it last year and fell in love.

W. worst habits? sighing. taking on too much at once. getting on Mr. Incredible's case (he really is a wonderful husband and father, I don't cut him much slack).

X. x-ray or ultrasound? why? What did the doctor say? What do you know that you aren't telling me. (Add paranoia to the habits answer)

Y. your favorite food? super nachos. We have it every time it is my turn to pick the special meal

Z. zodiac sign? Libra. I just want everyone to get along and to be fair.

4 comments:

Fatcat said...

Our anniversary is September 3 and we're coming up on 20 years.

MOM #1 said...

Thanks for playing along . . . I was on my way over to let you know that I tagged you and you were already on it. What a great sport.

Your anniversary is right around my birthday. My birthday is Sept 4 and my sister's is Sept 1. Every now and then our birthdays are on Memorial Day . . . in fact I think my sister's is this year.

Shoot . . . I need to start thinking about a gift to get her. Oh, well. . . it was fun reading your answers.

Obviously, I have to go now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Spiders with FUR? ACK!

I just added a new item to my list of phobias. Thanks. ;o)

Wendy said...

I agree with the last statement - I want everyone to play along and be fair too!