Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where were we?

Oh yes, I left off the captivating story of our lives on Wednesday, Leap Day. Thank goodness February is over. I hate that month. It is too busy with birthdays, holidays, Girl Scout cookies. The weather always stinks. And this year, we were all sick as dogs.

March is starting out much the same. Sigh.

I think we are pretty much all over the cold. Except now my dad has it. We were going to deliver their cookies today, but my mom thought it best if we waited. That was fine with me, I've had so much to get done!

We had another snow storm on Friday. It quickly dumped 4 inches of snow on us, then quit. Mr. I. got up early Saturday morning to shovel the driveway so I could get to the office. I've mentioned my 33 mile commute each way? Well, we had 4 inches of snow. There wasn't a flake on the ground at the office. It is snowing again now. I don't think this snow will amount to anything. It is supposed to be 50 degrees by Wednesday.

I've got school ready for this week. I've been trying to take things more seriously and less "by the seat of my pants." After all, she is in 7th grade. I think middle schoolers are supposed to be somewhat serious about their studies. Well, teachers expect them to be anyway.

The orthodontist was the shortest appointment we've ever had. We go back in 6 months and that's when he decides what else he might want to do to her teeth. And we decide if we're going to let him. I'll write more about that guilt/stress as it gets closer, so I won't bore you with that now.

The bank tour was awesome! It is a small community bank and they were so friendly. They gave the girls each a small basket loaded with goodies, all money themed like green nail polish (the color of money) and chocolate coins. They gave us moms travel mugs with the bank's logo on them. I've got a big piece of poster board folded into a thank you card and as we see all the girls this week we'll have them decorate and sign it.

Tuesday is our rescheduled Thinking Day party. We're ready to go with that. Well, I spent part of the afternoon getting us ready for it! I've decided our here and there Juliette schedule for our original group just isn't working for me. I contacted the other two moms and said I'd really like to make the rest of the year an every other week thing. It looks like, barring illness or sudden emergencies, everyone will be able to make it to the rest of the meetings! I'm excited! I started planning a lot of these projects last summer, I'm so glad to finally get the girls together to do them!

Last week Mr. Incredible bought me 2 shelving units to go inside my closet in my office. And on Saturday he moved all my stuff out and installed them. Then he put some of the stuff back in and gave me a bunch of nice boxes to fit things in. Well I could have just crammed everything in and said I'll deal with that later, but we know I'd never deal with it later. So last night and this morning, I sorted and rearranged and filled the closet neatly. I'm calling it Phase I. There are still several phases to go in the "Freakmom Cleans Out Her Office Once and For All and Makes it Usable Again" project. But it was a great start! I really hadn't planned on spending time this weekend on something like that, but gosh when someone buys you shelves and installs them you say "thanks, this is GREAT" and fill them! I am happy with the start I've made. And I can live with the rest of it for a while longer. My goal is to have it all done by the time school starts next fall. He's also going to get us some new shelves for the homeschool/guest room so we can organize in there too.

Hope you all have a good week! I finally caught up again with reading all of your blogs. Keep the posts coming, I love to know what you've been up to!

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Hey, when you're ready to talk about the orthodontia guilt, etc. let me know. I have some to share as well.
:-(