Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Weekend

I went to work yesterday. It was pretty routine. I did collect the last of the GS cookie money. One of Violet's customers had been out due to a death in her family, poor thing. She found me to pay for the cookies I'd left at her desk. I did some mentoring with a new person in our department. And we had Italian beef and pasta for lunch. Oh, and they brought in chocolate cake in the afternoon. Not a bad day.

Today we went to my parents and delivered the last of the cookies. A old friend of the family (well, okay, he's retirement age, but I meant old as in we've known him forever) and his wife swung by to get their cookies while we were still at my folks. I hadn't seen them in ages, so it was nice. My mom also set Violet up with some herbs from her garden, so Violet can try to grow her own herbs. We're studying botany this semester. Honestly, my mom should be teaching her botany. I'm hopeless with plants.

Back at home I put some more Juliette stuff together. I made a GS history bingo game for our 100th anniversary party next week. I gathered up the other stuff we'll need too (still need to get more things together for the Cadettes). And I found the items for a Kim's game. The girls love that game. We play in pairs since we have 4 girls. We take 10 to 15 small objects. One pair leaves the room. The other pair hides 2 objects, and the other pair returns and has to guess what is missing. We like to play in pairs because then no one feels like they are on the spot if they can't remember. Yeah, we're touchy feely sort of Girl Scouts. We don't mind. We like it like that.

I also cleaned Squeaky's house (yes, I know, it just gets more and more glamorous, doesn't it?) Squeaky is an elderly hamster. In the last few weeks I've noticed he's been hoarding more and more seed. Should I worry when a hamster's behavior changes like that? It could be dementia setting in. But I'm afraid HGTV will show up to do a documentary on him. You know, Hamster and Gerbil TV. When Hamsters Hoard Too Much.

Okay, I lost an hour today, I've also lost a bit of my mind.

Tomorrow we were supposed to go on a sugar maple field trip, but the group sponsoring it screwed up our reservations. Thank goodness. Violet and I didn't want to go anyway, we've been before, several times. And now it is supposed to storm tomorrow. I didn't need to be hiking through the woods in a storm to see how they tap sugar maples for syrup.

So we have a free day! Yay! Gotta love those. And after our stress last week, gotta NEED those!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can think of are the cookies... OM NOM NOM!