Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Of Mice and Flies

The last few days one of the cats (Marbles, the gigantic one) has sat staring under the couch. Last night a mouse ran out. Mr. Incredible was able to capture it before Marbles did, and took it outside. Still Marbles sits staring under the couch. I sat there in my jammies last night trying to read, but it was very difficult to concentrate with a cat's head darting back and forth like he was watching a very tiny tennis match.

And we have flies. Geesh, you'd think we were slovenly, but I swear I do clean. And since we set the more rigid Juliette schedule, I even clean fairly frequently. There is one fly in the kitchen. Blech. I really want him out of there. But oddly, we also have 2 upstairs in the master bathroom.

I don't know. Maybe we are slovenly.

4 comments:

Ami said...

You can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

But if you really want flies, nothing beats a dead goat.

Anonymous said...

At least Marble is on the job when it comes to protecting you from rodent invasions. ;)

Fatcat said...

I had a nightmare the other day that mice kept coming out from under my husband's recliner and, not wanting to kill them, we'd get in the car, drive them 2 miles down the road and set them free.

I hate mice.

Mother Mayhem said...

Have you checked the couch for a mouse nest? Gulp.