Thursday, March 8, 2012

Stressing

Violet and I both seem to be stressing this week, for no real apparent reason. I think we've just been too busy. Not enough down time. She has more activities than she's had in a long time. We sat and talked for a while today and agreed, all her activities are really good, quality activities. Nothing we'd suggest giving up. So, I think we just need to be more efficient about our days. And super careful not to add anything else to them.

I think the better weather will help a lot. Who can help but feel better when it is warmer and sunny than when it is grey with ice falling from the sky? And maybe we need to get over to the pool for some fun splashing and floating. Maybe we need a day off sometime soon. Like a trip to the mall to get the new 100th anniversary Girl Scout Build-a-Bear, which is supposed to be available starting on March 16th. Violet loves Build-a-Bear and has a $10 certificate to spend. The closest mall with BAB is about a 45 minute drive though. Several local museums also have special Girl Scout exhibits. We should try to hit a few. Getting away together, without plans with anyone else, tends to work for us. We can be early or late or get distracted by shiny things all we want if we aren't in a group.

Maybe an ice cream sundae afternoon? Or some baking?

Anyone have any good family destress ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a super lazy weekend is just the thing you need. You always sound like you're on the go. I like your ideas of visiting the pool, and having a sundae or baking afternoon.

Every Sunday, without fail, I super-glue my butt to the couch with my laptop, a book and a cross-stitch. It's how I destress after a long, busy week. :)

Fatcat said...

I guess it depends on whether you need to get out of your house or whether you want to do some nesting?

Maybe a movie marathon? I also like the idea of going to the pool and then having an ice cream sundae. :-)