Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break

But not for us. We're taking the next week. This week we are just enjoying the cancellation of a few activities for the public schools' breaks. I'm hoping the week will be quieter and we can stay home more.

Work was fine on Saturday. I got a couple of big things finished and shipped off. That was nice. They brought in pitas for lunch, not bad. I made the mistake of trying some leftover pasta as well. It did not heat up well and wasn't good.

Today we've been doing stuff around the house, and I've been working. I put in half a day. I also did more planning and prep work for Juliettes. Mr. Incredible helped (i.e. did all the work) set up a blog for the Cadettes so they could post some of the work they are doing. We're not going to have it searchable, so when it is ready I'll e-mail a few of you who I think will like to take a peek. If you (or your Girl Scouts) are interested in seeing it, drop me an e-mail.

Tomorrow we've got a field trip lined up. Some homeschool friends of ours opened an Italian restaurant last fall. We're going to go see it and the kids are doing a lot of the tour/demonstrations for us. I'm really excited about it. Then we have a few errands. Best of all, I can park in one lot and we can walk to it all! Always a plus when gas is pushing $4.50 a gallon. What is up with that anyway?!?

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, is gas that expensive now? Wow! That's pretty horrifying (of course, I'm just stating the obvious).

Ooh, seeing how a restaurant operates sounds like fun, especially if there is a bit of free food! ;)

Gail said...

You know I'd love to see the blog, right? And I think you have my email ... but I can't remember for sure. Let me know.