Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Getting Old

On Wednesday afternoons Violet takes a jewelry class at an art studio. Mr. Incredible encouraged me to take that time for me. So after I drop her off, I go to a nearby Caribou Coffee, get a cup and set up my computer and write. I've been working on some short essays based on the Little Britches series. It was something I felt compelled to do. If you want to read them, you can. You'll find it at From Little Britches to Bud.

In fact that is where I am posting from today. (Too bad I can get a sponsorship for this post and a free scone!) I'm sitting here thinking, man they need better lighting in here. I can't see anything and I purposely chose a table near a light fixture. But maybe it isn't Caribou's fault my 45 year old eyes can't see anything even with my reading glasses.

And I'm not necessarily their target market. 45 year old working homeschooling mom with one hour a week to sit here and type, for 8 weeks, then bye until there's another class who knows when? Yeah, I'm a nice customer to have, but probably not going to make those Christmas bonuses for them. They probably would rather have the young kids with more spending money and more free time and who can see just fine in this light.

Anyway, do you think they'd mind if I brought in my own desk lamp?

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Probably not! Just give it a try! You can hook it onto your walker. :-P

PS. I'm older than you so I can make fun of you for being old. That's the new rule.