Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday

Okay, before I start my post I have to say that Blogger just freaked out on me. I must have hit the wrong key, but it successfully posted my entry before I even started it! Boy, someone switch Blogger to decaf! It is too hyper!

Anyway, I was going to tell you about my day, so here we go.

First, I know you've all be on the edge of your seats wondering, but Mr. Incredible did not win any meat last night at the wheel of meat. He left before the end when they did the second chance drawings with the losing tickets, so maybe one of his tickets won for that. He left them among his table mates. He had 30 tickets in the first round of drawing and didn't even win a hot dog. Just as well.

I liked all the alternate wheel suggestions you all gave. Wheel of Cheetos really has some potential. How about Wheel of Oreos?

So today I worked on cleaning the house and preparing for the Juliette Low birthday party on Monday. I made a sample of a craft project I'm going to have them do: Halloween themed recycled picture frames. There was some doubt among the dads (Mr. I and the sisters' dad) about whether it would work. They were wrong, it turned out pretty good:



You use 2 pieces of cardboard, one with a hole in the center, glued together. Paint it. Then when it is dry, decoupage on candy wrappers. Add your favorite Halloween photo. The basic idea was from the Zoom! website. I came up with the paint and candy wrappers. (The dads were pessimistic that the candy wrappers would stick.) Violet drew a picture for me to put in my sample. Isn't her cat cute?

I didn't want to, but I went to the bank this morning. I couldn't pull in to the bank branch right by our house. The main road in our town has been under major construction for the last 2 years. (It is finally finishing this year!) They were working this morning and blocking the bank entrance from the direction I was coming from. I'm a little afraid we won't be able to turn in from our direction at all when they are done.

So I went to the other end of town. At the drive through she gave me 3 suckers. They had one of those video cameras, so Mr. I and Violet think I must have looked stressed. Since I was on the other end of town, I figured I might as well stop at Walmart on my way home. I called to have them read me the list. Bought the stuff and came home. Several hours later I realized the peanut butter I bought wasn't here. I called customer service and she said yes it was there, was I missing spaghetti noodles too? Crap.

Mr. Incredible drove out to get them while I started dinner. I think he was afraid I'd be mean to the people there. See, I was complaining that the lady who rang me up didn't pull the bags off the spinny thing for me. She handed me my receipt and just started on the next customer. I must have missed one in the back trying to find my bags. So yes, it was my fault, but it is a step I never have to take. And I didn't have my reusable bags with me since I wasn't planning on going, so there were more plastic bags than if I'd had my bags with. I know, no excuse. But they make me feel less foolish.

And to end this post on something completely unrelated. Here's a photo of a recent omelet I made (I found the photo when I took the frame photo off the camera):



I've been practicing them, and they are starting to look pretty decent. That one was just cheese. I never seem to have anything in the house to go in them. To see how far I've come, check out my original omelet post. Be sure to look at my omelet, not Violet's.

No comments: