Monday, November 14, 2011

Breathing again

Thank you all for your support and encouragement! I know I can always whine here and find a shoulder to cry on.

I am feeling better tonight. We had our Juliette day and it went very well. The girls loved the projects. We got through everything. I stayed calm throughout it. No paint or glue or icing got on anything it shouldn't.

I shouldn't feel obligated to do so much. The other families don't expect it. But they are going to accept invitations when offered. Unless things change, I think I'll just do Cadette programming next year, and invite the Juniors to join us when appropriate. But they'll have to figure out themselves if they apply to any of their badges/journeys. The younger girls really are too young to bump up to Cadettes (one should technically still be a Brownie this year, but I knew enough not to do 3 levels so we bridged her early.)

For the other group this week I'm bringing a package of Oreos for an edible craft project (the other mom is planning the project, making turkeys I think), and coming prepared to teach a song if there is extra time. I can do that easy peasy. Honestly, finding time to run in the store to buy the Oreos is harder than the song. I love Girl Scout songs. (I'm planning on doing "Great Big Moose" - There was a great big moose, he liked to drink a lot of juice... It is a good one, complete with arm movements. Because really, what's the point in singing if you aren't dancing around too.)

Work is work and I can't let them take over my life. I need to shut down my work computer when I've reached my work limit and leave it off. I'm getting better at that.

So, thanks and big hugs back to all of you!

No comments: