Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Most Popular

Blatantly stealing an idea from Mental (blatantly stealing is the most sincere form of flattery), I added a most popular posts gadget to my blog. I was curious as to which, if any, of my ramblings equate to popularity.

It seems to be those posts where I write about homeschool projects that make the top 10. I must come up in searches for ideas. Here are the director's notes on some of my top posts:

Why is there an expiration date on soap?: This has to be one of my shortest posts ever. I guess there are a lot of people curious about expiring soap. Too bad I have no insight to offer.

Hopscotch Cake: This cake looked better than it tasted. We never got the knack of making cake from scratch, we stick to box mixes.

Formal Pajamas
: I do like this post. I still think formal pajamas are a good idea. And I have thought about Mom #1's comment about flip flops with glitter being formal wear a hundred times as I've gotten dressed to go out. I have worn fancy flip flops to evening events at conferences for work. I figure if anyone ever comments, I'd tell them that Mom #1 says it is okay.

There's no place like camp:
This post probably gets hits because I mention Seasonale in it. But it is a good post. I enjoyed rereading our adventures at camp. I have to say, that weekend made us both stronger people. One time at a camp after that the mom in our tent curled up with her daughter in her bunk, rather apologetically. I could look her in the eye and say, "go for it. Its what she needs now. We've done the same." And we had taken glow bracelets with us which Violet shared with her scared tent mate. We still travel with glow bracelets all the time. We never did see the snotty tent mates again, I'm sure they washed out of the GS program years ago. But we still run into other fellow campers from time to time and enjoy seeing them. We didn't go to camp this summer. I missed it.

Enjoy some oldies but goodies over the holiday if you'd like. Freakmom is going to the inlaws and not taking her computer. I'll be back with tales of Wisconsin. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I must say, I am thankful for my blogging buddies, you guys are the best!

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

Happy Thanksgiving! *SQUISH*

Sweetums LOVED the turkey Violet sent. So did I! =)