Sunday, August 2, 2009

Still here

I think I've used that title before. I seem to be going awol a lot lately. Guess we've been out having fun.

I was waiting to post until I'd taken pictures of the tie dye socks. Well, I haven't gotten the picture taken yet (have I mentioned how bad I am about photographing?). But the socks are reminding me every day to do it. They are waiting to be a star on my blog.

I think I spent the weekend at my computer. And most of the last week. I've been crazy busy with work. But crazy busy means nice paycheck, so no complaints. Other than my back is pretty stiff in the mornings.

We've had unseasonably cool weather and Violet is quite bummed that it is cutting into her pool time. We've even had days where it didn't hit 70. That's crazy too. But nice.

Next weekend is my office picnic. They did take me up on the faux tie dye offer. I'm going to have an hour or two timeslot to have kids come by to do to the craft if they choose. I'm waiting to get a list of t-shirt sizes from them so I can go out and buy them. (I'll get reimbursed.) I hope it comes soon, I really don't want to be rushing around last minute, but I'm expecting I will be. The preliminary count was only 13 kids signed up for the picnic. That didn't sound like many, but I was talking to some co-workers and it doesn't sound like there are many kids at the firm anymore. Many are now grown. And a lot of the younger people aren't married or don't have kids yet. Gotta get Violet's Girl Scout cookie form in the kitchen this year so she can net some sales from those childless accountants. I also have to remember that I need to take a dessert or side dish to pass as well as the craft supplies.

In two weekends I'm hosting the girls for gossip and vegetarian dining. I'm making ratatouille. I have to figure out the rest of the menu. There is usually a signature drink offered as well. I'm thinking of trying my hand at sangria. Any tips or recipes would be appreciated.

Gosh I can't think of anything else exciting going on. Violet's been busy working on Girl Scout badges this summer. Her current one is Stress Less. If your kids have any great ideas for reducing their stress and generally becoming human beings fit to be in the same room as their parents, please share. She tried deep breathing (hated it), playing in the pool (big hit) and baking chocolate chip cookies (baking was stressful but eating warm chocolate chip cookies got a big approval rating). She's got bubble bath on her list to try yet. She needs a couple more.

I'll try to get those socks photographed soon!

4 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm really getting impatient waiting to see those socks. LOL

MOM #1 said...

Well, I'm tapping my foot over here still waiting for the sock reveal, LOL.

Also I can't believe y'all have had days when it didn't get over 70 degrees. Check your front door step, I'm on the way. Seriously. If we can get below 100 degrees, it's just plain cool down here lately.

I understand busy. Work and fun with your kid. I mean really, what else is there? ;-)

Fatcat said...

Stress reducers for kids - yoga, blowing bubbles, listening to music, watching clouds, pounding play-dough, coloring and painting.

Glad you all are having fun. Our pool never seems to be warm enough for me either. The one I got in today was heated.

Mother Mayhem said...

What!?!? STILL no socks? ;o)