Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not as crabby

I'm better tonight. A few things have worked themselves out.

I forgot to tell you what I did at the Girl Scout dinner the other night. It was kind of cool. Remember Camp Icky and all the problems we had there? Well, at my table was a teenaged girl who'd been to that camp too. I asked if the camp director had gone around in flip flops while she was there. The girl hadn't noticed actually. But who was seated at my table and got to hear some of my stories about the poorly run camp at the Council we're merging with? Our long time Director of Programming. Who happens to have had started out as a camp director way back when. Now, her job is up in the air along with everyone else's there, but I'd say she was a pretty darned good person to have heard about it. Plus she likes me. I've put together a couple of badge workshops in a box for them.

Too bad the new CEO wasn't at my table too.

By the way, the other girl didn't care for camp either, but it sounded like she just didn't like resident camp all that much. She did do the rappelling wall while she was there. I told her I was impressed. I didn't even try.

So, people are still being morons, but I'm working behind the scenes to change things as always. I didn't actually kill any morons today, but I'm making no promises about tomorrow.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It's good that someone with some "power" heard your complaints and concerns at the dinner. Perhaps they will be resolved for future campers.

Hooray for not being as crabby. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Mother Mayhem said...

HeHeHe... :o)

MOM #1 said...

That's one way to get your point across. Maybe next time you can be in charge of the seating arrangements. ;-)