Monday, June 22, 2009

Hot, hot, hot

I think we brought the molten lava back with us from Mississippi. At least some of it, I know it is still hot there too. We were in the 90s today and very humid. It is always warm sitting in the observation area of Violet's swim lessons. Tonight it was like sitting in a sauna. I guess I should see what a sauna session costs, I think I saved myself some big bucks.

Speaking of swimming, we did get Violet's pool filled yesterday. The water is still cold, but she braved it for a long time this afternoon.

Still speaking of swimming, Violet's swimming is looking great! I'm almost wondering if she'll be moving up a level soon.

Tomorrow is her 10 year check up. A little early. But covered by insurance while we still have it. I'm pretty sure she won't need a shot.

Mr. I. has been talking to his brother about going into business with him. They are talking Mr. I. would be the owner, and Brother would be an independent contractor. I think that is a good arrangement. Better than trying to be partners. And it is what they both want. Brother doesn't want to be an owner. Mr. I. would like to maintain control. They are going to try to get together this weekend to talk about it more.

This weekend is our first camp weekend. Violet is starting to feel better about it. She didn't like camp lady from the open house. If you forgot about the Open House From Hell you can reread the post and refresh your memory. After Mr. I. and I both assured her we didn't like camp lady either and that her behavior was uncalled for and out of line, she started feeling better. Camp Lady is retiring from Girl Scouts after this summer. I doubt we'll see her much. We'll see the nice camp director we met, and the counselors and lifeguards. And if Camp Lady gives us trouble, I'll give it right back. And if it is really bad, we'll leave.

But I don't think it will be. I think we'll swim, hike, have a camp fire. We'll go into the town for a bit. We'll do arts and crafts, and sleep in our tent. I think it will be just fine. I think Violet is convinced. Last year she had some trouble with sleeping in the tent. Couldn't relax to fall asleep. Anxiety up the sleeping bag. This year we have glow bracelets to be personal night lights. We have a few extras in case we have a tentmate. I think that will help a lot. I hope, that night at camp was awful.

I almost forgot, I got the library issue straightened out. I took printouts of my e-mails in with me and met with the head of circulation. She believed me when she saw the first book was checked out at noon and ours were at 7:41 in the evening. They took it off my account for me. But then when I got home I saw that it was registering as available for Violet to pick up on her account. I called back, the double checked, and said no it was a strange computer glitch. They put it back on hold for us. We are good to go. And no one had to get hurt.

Isn't it nice when it works out like that?

Cross your fingers camp goes that smoothly.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

So you're the one who brought us this hot weather? Thanks much!

I need to get my kids scheduled for their physicals next month too, come to think of it. I'm afraid youngest son might need some shots this year. Eeek.

MOM #1 said...

Shots suck. Hopefully Violet won't have to get any.

I hope camping goes well. I don't camp, AT ALL, so I'm not really sure what the attraction is, but have fun, LOL.

I'm glad they got you all fixed up at the library. Sounds like they may have a virus in their computer system. Someone needs to get to work on fixing that. Right away!

Mother Mayhem said...

Praying camp will be a better experience for Violet (and mom) this summer. :o)