Friday, June 26, 2009

Pep Talk

I think I need a pep talk. I really don't want to go to camp. It is hot. Storms are still predicted. The woman from Council who runs the place is a piece of work: obnoxious, rude, and has no people or children skills what so ever. I need to be home working to earn some extra money. I need to start investigating health insurance. I need to figure out what is needed to form an LLC and how to do the accounting and tax for it. And Violet doesn't want to go.

I really need a pep talk. So here goes.

1. Two days without internet access will be nice. No "could you please call this client back and answer their obscure question?"

2. The brochure promises swimming, hiking and crafts. I love all three of those. And with the heat, the pool sounds really nice.

3. After we go we will have been to all the camps in the newly realigned council. We'll be better able to choose programs (or choose not to go at all). Not to mention awesome bragging rights at Council events.

4. With such low expectations, how bad can it actually be?

5. With the heat, we have an excellent excuse to sit out an activity or two if Violet doesn't want to do them.

6. Camp food usually is pretty good.

7. A sore back from 2 nights on a squeaking cot will give me something to work out with Wii Fit next week.

8. I am 42 years old and I don't have to take that crap from anyone. I will have a car with and I won't be the first one to ever leave camp early.

9. Staying in a tent with strangers is all part of the camp experience. It is a platform tent so there is some room and we don't sleep right next to them.

10. There is no number 10. That was the best I could do.

We leave in a couple of hours. We leave camp after lunch on Sunday. We'll be there less than 48 hours. We can do it. It won't be so bad.

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

#10...That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
lol Have a blast!

MOM #1 said...

Alternate #10 - There's no camp like a FreakMom's Camp! Go and show them what it's all about!

After that, you have my official permission to ditch any and every activity you'd like.

Have fun!

Mother Mayhem said...

You can do it! :o)

Just remember you DON'T HAVE to take the crap, and that you DO HAVE your car. ;o)