Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Settling back in

The luggage is unpacked and the souvenirs are put away (mostly). We went to the grocery store today to restock the cabinets. And the work list is caught up to the "not urgent" items. Things are settling back down.

I finally walked out to the garden today. Some of our stuff is actually growing. We have lettuce and spinach coming up in our containers. And the onion crop looks good. The tomatoes are huge, but no sign of flowers yet. There are a few other things coming up that I don't quite remember what they are. That is going to make my plans to weed the garden tonight a bit more of a challenge.

Tomorrow we'll get over to the library. The summer reading program started the day we left. Got to get Violet signed up.

Tomorrow we are also going to make and decorate cupcakes for my dad's birthday. He turned 69 on our trip and it went largely unnoticed (they were returning home that day). We're going to go to their house on Friday with the cupcakes. We don't have a present for him. I'm thinking of taking him to Farm and Fleet and getting him some snack goodies. I meant to buy him some Three Musketeer bars at the store today and I forgot. What do you buy the man who always buys himself whatever he needs without mentioning he needs it? He never lets us know that he would like something. He'll go out the day before his birthday and buy himself what would have been the perfect gift. My mom has quit trying to get him things. I don't really blame her.

I can't wait to finally crack open my Rainbow Resource catalog that arrived while we were gone. I hope to this weekend. Mr. I. is going to help Violet get a new hamster. And he's going to put up the pool. And he wants to go out to a movie with her. Not really sure how they are going to get all that done, but it sounds like I may have some time to myself.

I could use some time to myself. The worst part about traveling is the lack of privacy and space. It is good to be home.

4 comments:

Dana Leeds said...

I bet it IS good to be home. We're getting ready to take 3 trips in a row. Yikes! But, fun. :-)

And, I know what you mean about the man who buys everything he wants or needs and leaves nothing for presents. That's my husband! And, Father's Day is coming... We did find him a very little thing, but we rarely can think of anything to buy him.

MOM #1 said...

Privacy and personal space are SO important. Relax and enjoy yours now. I'm glad you got down to the non-essentials on your list. Gppd for you!

Wendy said...

I know the feeling. Welcome home. :)

Mother Mayhem said...

HUGS