Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camping forecast: hot, humid and a chance of storms

I've been watching our camping forecast all week. Started out clear. Then we had a 20% chance of rain or thunderstorms. Then 30%. Now 40% on Saturday and 60% Saturday night. Oh yay. Just what we need, another night of being evacuated from our tents in a severe storm. And just the thing to get Violet to relax and sleep in the damn tent in the first place. And not to mention my bladder that insists on being emptied at least 2 times a night.

Joy.

The high for Saturday is 92. I hope they give us a lot of pool time.

I'm getting too old for this.

Want to relive our camp memories from last year? Try this post. This one of our photos. And these stories about our storms at camp.

2 comments:

Ami said...

Another episode of "what was I thinking?"

When things like this happened while I was growing up, my grandmother would say, "Think of the memories we'll have!"

Does that help at all?

Yeah, it didn't work for me, either.

MOM #1 said...

Yeah, what Ami said . . . think of the memories. And you might want to get on with a Plan B.