Monday, June 8, 2009

Leaving tomorrow

We leave tomorrow morning for the trip to the memorial service. Or non-memorial service as the case may be. Rather than go into all the details let me just say a few things.

1. My family is insane.

2. We're going to spend more time on the road than there.

3. It is hot on the Mississippi Gulf Coast! Highs in the 90s are predicted. We're going to melt.

4. My family is insane.

5. I am really glad to have this time with my cousin. Just wish it were under different circumstances.

6. I really hope I can get a shrimp p'boy while I'm there. And some gumbo. Or at least a stuffed crab.

7. Violet is most looking forward to the zoo and the water park. So am I. (The water park is a new one near them. My aunt had been looking forward to taking my cousin and her son and they never got there. My cousin said her mom would be so pleased if we all went while we are there.)

8. Did I mention my family is insane? I hope we can make it there and back with a minimal amount of hurt feelings and snarky comments. I doubt it though.

If I get a chance I'll post from the road. Hope you all have a great week!

Sending hugs,

Freakmom

6 comments:

Ami said...

Family stuff is sooo hard. I will send good thoughts your way.

My family is insane, too. Well, at least some of them are.

Wendy said...

I wish you a safe trip and the most pleasant time possible with family, considering the circumstances.

Garden State Kate said...

Are we related? My family is also insane.
Best of luck, safe travels, have fun anyway!
(hugs)

retha said...

Even though the circumstances is what it is, I believe you will enjoy having time together and also doing the pleasant activities in remembrance.

Mother Mayhem said...

Are you trying to tell us something?

Love you guys! Safe journey! :o)

MOM #1 said...

Well y'all need to try to have some fun after that long road trip. My family is insane too, I'm sure if we swaped stories, mine would blow yours clean out of the water. I'm certain of it.

We're in the 90's here too. Every. Single. Day. so far and our hottest months are July and August . . . so we've been wilting for weeks already.

You should stop by, LOL.