Monday, June 29, 2009

Camp Photos

If you haven't read my narrative about camp, you might want to go down past the photos to read it first. Or look at the pictures first and read it when you are done.

Shortly after we arrived at camp, hanging out at our unit waiting for instructions. See, she has a hat, shoes, socks and a shirt with sleeves. She's ready to go. (Okay, I cut her feet off in the photo, but they do have socks and tennis shoes on them.)



There were lots of mice, some living in tents (one mom almost called it quits as soon as she got there when three mice scurried around her tent). There was a stray cat, looking for said mice. Spiders. And one cool looking slug:



Here's Violet at the arts and craft building. She's painting little plaster figurines:



Archery photos are hard to take because you can't stand in front of the line to take them.



Violet can swim well enough to go in the deep end now!!




Here she is riding the dolphin. That was great fun.



I had to take her picture in the lodge watching the movie during the storm.



Here she is tucked in her cot reading before lights out on our second night.



And "home, sweet, tent". We were tent number 7, as far from the latrine as possible. I had a hard time finding our tent in the dark before bed with Violet's much sharper eyes with me. There was no way I was going to try to get up by myself during the night to go.



Excuse the floods, I had her take older icky long pants to camp. She only wore them to breakfast the last morning when it was a little chilly.

There you have it. Violet enjoyed herself. Camp was a success.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

I'm glad she had a good time. The mice would have totally made me come home!

Mother Mayhem said...

Such a cutie pie! XOXO :o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

Judging from all her beautiful smiles, I would say she had a very good time.